Tuesday 6 November 2007

My response


Firstly, apologies for the banner obscuring the words at the start of a new blog post, will try and sort that out soon!

Short and sweet today! In response to my phone conversation (see below) I sent my mom two emails. The first was a report from The Vegan, an indepth study of a vegan lifestyle for infants and toddlers, examining all aspects of the diet. The second was a blog by Collen Patrick-Goudreau (if you don't read her work or listen to her podcasts, you're missing out - www.compassionatecooks.com) - this particular blog was entitled 'Maternal Instincts' and moves me so much I hope it sparks some recognition in my mom too. I included a note from me that said 'some research for you if you want to read it, you don't have to' and then I don't feel like I'm forcing a negative dialogue.
Both children and Matthew have a cold today (no, I don't think it's due to veganism!) so at home with the chores today however it's nice to be able to check emails and post entries whilst at home now!

3 comments:

mv said...

So... is she going to read the information, you think?

Jill Forrest said...

All's quiet on the western front so far... will see if it gets mentioned when we next chat or email, won't raise it myself..

mv said...

As an aside, I find it interesting that my father in law is convinced that we eat meat when no one is looking. He just can't believe it's possible for us to live meat-free. I had no idea he thought this until, one day, my mother in law, who thinks his thought processes are very amusing, mentioned it in passing. I was taken aback, to say the least. So, now, every time I see him, I can't help but remember this (particularly if he's having dinner at our place).


Visit Yoga
 
blog template by suckmylolly.com : header image by Vlad Studio